Ethos and Values
At Burley Oaks we are all proud to ‘Belong, Believe, Achieve’.
There is no distinction between pupils and staff. Every child is of equal importance and unique in their own way.
We belong because...
- we support and value everyone and make a positive effort to care and nurture
- every child is of utmost importance in everything that they bring to the school in terms of life experiences, personality and potential to achieve
- we are a team - we value everybody’s contribution and make sure everyone contributes
- we are responsible and take pride in our school, one we love
We believe because...
- we know we have potential and that achievement is valued at every level
- we see other people having confidence in our abilities and being proud of our achievements
- our teachers, teaching assistants, parents and community have high expectations of us
- school is committed to providing what we need on a daily basis and on a strategic, long term basis
- we care about each other and learn to develop high levels of emotional intelligence
We achieve because...
- we are active learners
- music, art and sport provide the foundation for and enhance our everyday existence which sustains a vibrant culture of purpose, positivity, teamwork and success
- we care and prioritise meaningful collaboration to make a difference for each child
- we accept nothing less than our best from everyone - our standards are high
- we thrive on challenges and learn to learn with resilience
- we recognise talent, interest and passion
- we learn together across the school so that children from different year groups respond and connect at different levels
- we enjoy our school days and look forward to new learning
- our curriculum is exciting and connects with the community, local and global picture
- we celebrate learning and achievement through project-work e.g. SHINE days, themed creative curriculum activities ‘Belong, Believe, Achieve’ drives all that we do.
BRITISH VALUES and our commitment to the PREVENT STRATEGY
In June 2014, the DfE reinforced the need for “all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.” Please click here for further information about how Burley Oaks does this.
Burley Oaks is committed to and aware of our responsibilities towards the government's PREVENT AGENDA as part of our ongoing work regarding Safeguarding and Child Protection. All staff have received 'Prevent' training and understand about and how to deal with any issues they may see inside or outside school.